Start date: 01 September 2022
Duration: 1 Year
Location: Kemmy Business School, UL
Certificate: NFQ Level 9
Cost: Members: €3,000 - Non Members: €4,500
The Professional Diploma in Management Practice is a skills-based programme designed for graduates who wish to deepen their understanding of fundamental management competencies while building upon their existing skills and knowledge in the area of business management practice.
The programme offers a robust combination of advanced practical management skills while developing the students entrepreneurial and innovative capabilities. A key source of learning is a problem based learning (PBL) project designed to address realistic industry challenges. This Specialist Diploma has a strong focus and approach on skills-based learning which encourages students to actively collaborate and expand their critical thinking skills in the classroom. Thoughtful planning, industry partnership and experienced tutors facilitate the constant reworking of course details to keep content up-to-date with industry best practice. This Level 9 award will greatly enhance participants managerial skills beyond the level of current offerings, to fill the skills gap which exists in middle to upper management.
- Skills-based learning, allowing graduates to immediately express and apply their knowledge to industry
- Develops knowledge and skills to competently deal with challenges within the complex and dynamic business environment
- Fills skills shortage, ensure career progression and formalise graduates education in management
- Exposes graduates to realistic business problems and develops their approach to problem solving
- Enables industry-based learning with guest lectures and company-based projects
- Focuses groups and workshops allowing students to build relationships among their peers and learn from other students with varying backgrounds, Leads to an increased awareness and appreciation for the many industry types for which this programme has been produced
- Blended learning offers students the opportunity to learn while meeting work and personal commitments